Organic Coffee is a product with multiple benefits for both health and the ecosystem. In this article, we explain what it is, how to recognize it and all its benefits.
The intoxicating scent of a freshly brewed coffee recalls in the collective memory a moment of sharing: whether it is a break in the office with colleagues, breakfast or the end of a lunch with family or friends, a good coffee knows how to make everyone agree .
And if we talk about organic coffee, then the benefits also affect health and the environment. Let's find out together why to choose an organic coffee and its advantages.
What is Organic Coffee and how to recognize it
Organic coffee is a product that is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or additives. Instead of these chemicals, natural fertilizers and even some insects are preferred, which feed on the weeds for safe production. Today there are many varieties of organic and fair trade coffee on the market: from beans, capsules and pods to ground coffee; therefore, how to recognize it? Well, a good organic coffee is marked with the symbol ofEurofoglia, index of an organic production process that complies with European regulations.
Why buy organic coffee
Choosing organic coffee represents a change of course in one's habits and also numerous health benefits. Introducing the consumption of this type of coffee into your diet means treating yourself to small moments of pleasure with an intense flavor and:
- slow down aging, thanks to phytonutrients, which keep cells young;
- prevent cancer, because organic coffee is rich in antioxidants and vitamins;
- preserve the proper functioning of the nervous system and the brain, being devoid of harmful neurotoxins.
The ethical and environmental benefitsDrinking a cup of organic coffee as well as being a panacea for health and a charge of energy to face long days, is also an ethical choice, because its cultivation allows you to:
- fight greenhouse gas emissions;
- prevent the pollution of groundwater, usually generated by the use of pesticides during the washing of coffee plants;
- reduce deforestation of trees and shrubs, which are located next to plantations;
- support the economy of small local businesses in the countries where coffee is produced.
Mikah Natura Blend N.10, the organic coffee for your moments
The production of organic coffee therefore requires care both during the cultivation and processing process, and in the distribution, in order to live up to your breaks. So, we at Mikah have thought of Natura 10 in grains or ground. A 100% bio-organic Arabica blend, made from the best origins grown in sustainable agriculture by certified companies. Roasted according to the Mikah tradition (three phases: drying, learning the color of roasting and roasting), each cup is a concentrate of passion, technique and flavor.